Private Pilot Certificate – Airplane
Teton Aviation offers a structured Private Pilot program based upon our integrated four-stage syllabus. Ground school is taught concurrently with flight training to maximize contextual learning. Our program features one-on-one instruction which can easily be customized to meet each individual student’s needs. Our students benefit from learning at a non-towered mountain airport, with easy access to nearby tower-controlled Jackson Hole and Idaho Falls. Students will train in our upgraded Cessna 172 and Cessna 172XP.
- Based on 45 hours of flight, plus 15 hours of ground school.
- Recommended Frequency of lessons: 2-3 times per week.
- Time to completion: 4-6 months
Airplane Instrument Rating
The Instrument Rating is the next step after the Private Pilot certificate for many pilots. Instrument training will take you to the next level in aircraft control, weather planning, situational awareness and overall professionalism of your pilot skills. If you have graduated to airplane ownership, the Instrument Rating can result in lowered insurance premiums. Most importantly, this rating might just save your life one day!
- Based upon 40 hours of flight plus, 15 hours of ground school.
- Recommended frequency of lessons: 2-3 times per week.